Recently I had a wonderful email saying that a book club had chosen my book for their next read, and did I have any discussion questions.
The answer to that was no. It had never occured to me that anyone outside of my family and friends would read my book let alone nominate it for a book club. However, I was more than happy to think of some. I’ve decided to put the discussion questions below, free for anyone to use. Please also feel free to let me know if The Wrong Side of Twenty-Five is being read at your book club. It does wonders for my ego.
- Did the characters and story seem believable to you?
- Did the characters remind you of anyone?
- What do you think the author’s purpose was in writing this book? What ideas was she trying to get across?
- Is the ending satisfying? If so, why? If not, why not… and how would you change it?
- Could you see yourself becoming friends with either Kylie or Alexa? Who would you choose?
- Do best friends need to tell each other everything, or is it okay to keep some secrets hidden?
- Did you feel this way at 25? And if you’re not yet 25, do you think this is how you will feel?
- If we were to fast forward ten years, where do you see the characters ending up?
- What advice would you give to either Kylie or Alexa?